Subject: (whorl) Names, animals, and meanings (D)

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 16:48:04 +0000

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

Dreoilin.  Irish for wren.  Iolar's favorite daughter. In irish it is
spelled with an accute accent mark over the second i.

Dace.  From Latin darsus.  A small freshwater fish of North America of
the family Cyprinidae, such as the fallfish or golden shiner.  The
captain of the fishing boat in Lake Limna that Scylla-as-Chenille
takes over. The other man with the cyprinid fish name made a sacrifice
to Kypris, is Dace connected to her somehow, even though he tells
Scylla that he worships her?

Dahlia.  One of many species of genus Dahlia of the Compositae family.
 Also the Dahlia violet.  An old student of Marble's.

Desmid.  Green algae that are in the order Zygnematales, most in the
family Desmidiaceae.  Cannot reproduce asexually.  One of Potto's
spies/spy-catchers who worked for Spider.  Is Desmid a woman?

prion
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/