Subject: (whorl) Names, animals and meanings (G2)

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 08:31:10 +0000

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

Grison.  French for grey.  Any species of genus Grison, especially
Grison vittatus.  Apparently this genus and its species have recently
been renamed, and the genus is now Galictis.  The name vittatus has
become vittata. It is related to the zoril.  It looks like a cross
between a weasel and an otter with a black upper front, a white area
wrapped around its head and neck, and the rest greyish.  It is agile,
climbs and swims well, makes dens out of burrows, and is often
domesticated but is harmful to domestic fowl even then.  Blood's
driver who is chauffeuring him when he meets Silk for the first time.

I'm just about done with all the characters, but since there is no
character list in the first book and I don't have time to reread it,
could someone with a complete list post the names I haven't found yet?
 Did mantis say that he had made such a list?  Thanks.

prion

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/