Subject: (whorl) Names, animals and meanings (M8)

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 20:32:10 +0000

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

Matar.  Arabic for rain or airport.  A Trivigaunti pterotrooper.  She
comes down like rain, the ship's from an airport, etc.
 
Mattak.  Also maktak, maktuk, muktuk, muntuk.  Inuit (Eskimo) word for
whale meat, whale skin, whale meat with skin on it, and the dried
variety of any of the previous definitions.  Soldier.  Oosik's son. 
Fed on by Quetzal.  The name sounds like English mattock, a tool with
a variety of purposes.  Mattak may have the same associations with the
mattock that his father Oosik has with the baculus.
 
Murtagon.  All I could find fitting this is martagon, also spelled
martagan, mortegon, and martigon which is also called the red-cap
lily, turk's-cap lily, and the turk's cap (Lilium martagon or Lilium
superbum).  With all the alternate spellings, it's quite possible that
murtagon exists as well.  Martagon (with an acute accent over the o)
is also Spanish for cunning, clever, artful.  Murtagon is a famous
artist.  The red cap reminds me of the stereotypical artist's beret.

prion
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/