Subject: (whorl) suggested ground rules

From: Jonathan Laidlow <laidlojm at hhs.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:25:01 +0000

Okay, I'm game. Since we're all going to get short sun at different 
times, especially those of us outside the USA, lets keep all Short 
Sun discussion in Whorl. It seems like the sensible place to keep it -
as Short Sun probably relies on some knowledge of Long Sun. It 
also means that the list will be revived, as its fallen into disuse in 
recent months.  Furthermore, lets use some kind of tagging of posts 
so that those who have to wait for the paperback, or any kind of 
local edition don't get spoilers. 

As for the tagging, well I suggest [blue] in the header of all 
messages pertaining to 'On Blue's Waters'. I was also going to 
suggest that we try to put together some kind of chapter by chapter 
discussion of the text, which makes possible tags like [blue chap1] 
etc.

If we agree, perhaps Ranjit can put whatever we come up with in 
the sig and on the website?

Comments anyone?

Jonathan

Jonathan
Visit Ultan's Library - A Gene Wolfe web resource
http://members.tripod.co.uk/laidlow/index.htm
Jonathan Laidlow
University of Birmingham, UK

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com