Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v010.n014

From: Greg Neyman <greg.neyman at gte.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:36:52 +0000

>
>From: Redhaven1 at aol.com

>
>Hey, what ever happened to Sand, Hammerstone, and the rest of the >soldiers
when the 'Cargo' left the whorl?  Was this just meant to be left >hanging,
or
>had they served their purpose and their time was finished?  But that
doesn't
>quite fit, because Moly left the whorl with the humans.  Would they still
>need chems after they had settled on Blue?  I'm also unclear on why the
>chems have such human personalities if they're just machines.
>
>-Steve
>

three months ago, Josh Smith suggested that ... OK, by the numbers

1)  Typhon made contact with Inhumi, while his interstellar empire was at
it's glory

2) agreed to send "tribute" of human cargo

3) WHOOPS!  did he forget to tell the Inhumi of the LEGIONS of mechanical
invasion warriors he'd be sending?  Must have slipped his mind :) !

so basically, the whole whorl was a Trojan horse ... a scheme of Typhon's to
take over the Inhumi with an  invasion force that could dominate, one that
the Inhumi wouldn't have power over ... and that's why the chems have human
personalities .... because once the humans were devoured, they'd have to be
in charge of the campaign

OK, that's it for now .. Hat

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com