Subject: Re: (whorl) [blue sp.] Trios, cover, odds & ends

From: Alex David Groce <alex_groce at gs246.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 12:28:56 +0000

No spoilers for after what Alga's read, btw.

The undine theory has already been offered up, but nobody has commented on
it--I suggested it, so I guess I can't say more than "it seems possible"--
or perhaps Mother is more like Erebus or Abaia, an undine-maker (or Mother).

Horn seems vastly more obtuse about Sinew than about most other people 
(although his understanding of Seawrack is also, to say the least, flawed).

And I will bite on the racist issue--elaborate, if you will.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (agroce+ at cs.cmu.edu)
Ph.D. Student, Carnegie Mellon University - Computer Science Department
8112 Wean Hall (412)-268-3066
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~agroce

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com