Subject: (whorl) Entrancing

From: Alice Turner <akt at attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:06:25 +0000

I've been lurking on the conversation, so, now that I've started talking
again, perhaps I should say that I too am rather amazed at
"Blue"... Wolfe's books just seem to get more and more complex, more and
more artful, more and more entrancing.

Fernando,

Here's what Wolfe's editor, David Hartwell, said on Oct. 10 in an e-mail:

>The new Wolfe novels are superb.
>
>David

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: Kevin J. Maroney <kmaroney at crossover.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:32:21 +0000

>>The new Wolfe novels are superb.

We were talking about _Short Sun_ over the weekend (NYRSF work weekend just
finished) and I commented that _On Blue's Waters_ might be Wolfe's best
book since _Shadow of the Torturer_. Hartwell responded that _Return to the
Whorl_ might be Wolfe's best book ever.

So I beat him up and stole the manuscripts. 

Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney at crossover.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/olp/nyrsf/nyrsf.html