Subject: (whorl) the Stoning of Wombat has been called off

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at sirius.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:26:58 +0000

Yes, that's right.

For posting spoilers on volumes 2 and 3 whilst people are scrambling to get
volume 1, wombat was convicted of going too far.  After some fiercely
competative bidding, the execution contract was awarded to the Amish
ninjas.

Then Nick revealed that the spoilers were more in fun than real spoilers (I
was not about to pollute my eyes by reading the spoilers--Nick is obviously
not so squeamish about maintaining personal purity until the galga
sacrament [in this case, OBW] arrives. <g>)

There was plenty of time to call off the assassins.  Wombat need no longer
fear the dreaded sound "clop-clop, clop-clop" coming after him, slow but
relentless.

Besides, David Hartwell already got him back.  Like a wet-towel rat-tail
whip flicked to snap precisely at his bare fundament.

O, that wascally wombat! How we LOL at his antics!

Meanwhile, Ori Kowarsky's travel tale really is something.  If we ever have
a Gene Wolfe convention, we really must consider having it there in Bute,
Montana. Sounds incredible!  Panel attendance would no doubt be unusually
high.

=mantis=

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com