Subject: (whorl) Blind Ps

From: Alice Turner <akt at attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:45:13 +0000

Ooops, that was Blind Pew, wasn't it? Guess I conflated him with LJ Silver's
peg leg <g>, Well, up next: Blind Pig.

-alga

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: William H. Ansley <wansley at warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:48:56 +0000

>peg leg <g>, Well, up next: Blind Pig.

alga,

This can't be coincidence!

In the animated tv series _The Tick_, in an episode entitled "Heroes," a
supervillian calling himself the Deadly Bulb appeared. He was originally
called Pigleg, for the good and sufficient reason that one of his legs
terminated in a pig, rather than a foot, but he wanted an image change. As
the Deadly Bulb, one of his gimmicks was *blinding* flashes of light.

And of course, you all remember the name of the catacrest Silk is offered
before he buys Oreb in _Nightside the Long Sun_: Tick!

"My mind is a scary place"
     -The Tick (from "The Tick vs. the Protoclown")

William Ansley