Subject: (whorl) Clute's review of OBW

From: Nicholas Gevers <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 11:20:30 +0000

A very interesting review of ON BLUE'S WATERS by John
Clute appears online in the latest SF WEEKLY. He
states that Tor will release both IN GREEN'S JUNGLES
and RETURN TO THE WHORL in 2000, and speculates
(perhaps on the basis of textual inference, perhaps
from privileged information) that RETURN TO THE WHORL
concerns events that occur after Horn's writing of ON
BLUE'S WATERS.

=====

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: William H. Ansley <wansley at warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 00:19:50 +0000

>concerns events that occur after Horn's writing of ON

Interesting is hardly the word for Clute's speculation, quoted above. It
don't make no sense! I think it is pretty clear that Horn has visited and
returned from The Whorl already by the time he has written OBW from the
hints contained within. If that is so, then shouldn't the title of the
final book be _Re-return to the Whorl_?

Well, one more reason I just can't wait.

William Ansley

"Having re-redisposed of the monster, our hero exits stage right."
-Bugs Bunny