Subject: (whorl) Space Monkeys?

From: William H. Ansley <wansley at warwick.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:12:26 +0000

"Alice Turner" <akt at attglobal.net> wrote:

>2. There have been a lot of guesses about "the secret of the inhumi," and
>the front-runner for a while was that it was simply that they took on (or
>could take on) aspects of the prey along with the blood; when they
>encountered a sentient race for the first time, it revolutionized them.
>Another conjecture has to do with their obviously being able to survive a
>long time without sustenance in a mummified state. But later thinking is
>that it's more complicated than that--it's a secret that if known could
>destroy them--and that Wolfe just hasn't given it to us even in clue form
>yet.

Alga,

Wait a minute! The inhumi can survive "mummified" for long periods of time,
they depend on humans for sustenance and they take on human
characteristics*.

These guys aren't evil, they're just really big Sea Monkeys!

(For those of you who don't have any idea what I'm talking about, please
ignore me. I'll probably stop if you ignore me.)

William Ansley

*I'm basing this on the picture on the Sea Monkey box.

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com