Subject: (whorl) Unlisted Names List

From: Doug Eigsti <douge at nti.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:13:21 +0000

Here is some information that I hope will be useful. Please feel free to
post corrections and additions.

UNLISTED PROPER NAMES IN THE TEXT OF ON BLUE'S WATERS

NAME / DESCRIPTION / PAGE.PARAGRAPH

Calf / Horn's brother / 74.-1

Cognizance, His / Honorific title of the Prolocutor Quetzal / 42.2

Dace, Captain / Boat Captain on Lake Limna / 163.3

Daisy / Resident of the village of Lizard. Future co-publisher of the book,
with Vadsig, Hoof and Hide / 26.-5, 129.-3

Horn / Name of the Neighbor that talks with Horn, the man / 272.4, 274.3

Hound / Boy at the Sun street Mantion / 379.-2

Incus, Patera / Assistant to the Prolocutor in Old Viron / 97.3

Juganu / Inhumi exhumated by the Rajan of Gaon to fight in the war with Han
/ 376.3

Magnesia / Name assumed by Matera Rose-Marble (see Molybdenum)	/ 37.6

Maker, The / Wijzer's name for The Outsider / 115.5

Man, The / The tyrant ruler of the city Han / 370.-1

Marl / Slave in Viron / 100.2

Molpe / Minor goddess on The Whorl / 139.-1, 228.2

Molybdenum / aka Molly. Name assumed by Matera Rose-Marble (see Magnesia) /
37.6

Mura / Town on the Main contenent of Blue / 115.1

Oosik / Generalissimo /	303.-1

Passilk / The entity of Pas merged with Silk / 369.-6

Prolocutor / Title of the leader of the Vironese faith / 29.-3

Shrike / Aquaintance of Marrow / 39.-1

Smoothbone / Horn's father. Ink maker / 79.2

Sphigx / Minor goddess on The Whorl / 289.-3

Tail Bay / Natural bay on the SE end of Lizard Island / 20.4

Teasel  / Young girl bitten by the Inhumu Quetzal / 261.2

Tuz / Krait's victim / 373.2

Vadsig / Future co-publisher of the book, with Daisy, Hoof and Hide /	129.-3

=Talon=

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com