Subject: (whorl) Proper Names List 1.1

From: Doug Eigsti <douge at nti.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:08:43 +0000

Dan Rabin,

	Thanks for taking the time to check the Proper Names list. I will
amend my notes.

	I have another correction to post: "Molybdenum" is on the list. It
has been omitted.

	Here is the updated list:

***

UNLISTED PROPER NAMES IN THE TEXT OF GENE WOLFE'S ON BLUE'S WATERS

NAME / DESCRIPTION / PAGE.PARAGRAPH

Calf / Horn's brother. / 74.-1

Cognizance, His / Honorific title of the Prolocutor Quetzal. / 42.2

Dace, Captain / Boat Captain on Lake Limna. / 163.3

Daisy / Resident of the village of Lizard. Co-publisher of the book, with
Vadsig, Hoof and Hide. / 26.-5, 129.-3

Horn / Name of the Neighbor that talks with Horn, the man / 272.4, 274.3

Hound / Boy at the Sun street Mantion. / 379.-2

Incus, Patera / Assistant to the Prolocutor in Old Viron. / 97.3

Juganu / Inhumi exhumated by the Rajan of Gaon to fight in the war with
Han. / 376.3

Magnesia / "Magnesia" was her (Marble's) original name; she assumed
"Molybdenum" in order to win Hammerstone. / 37.6

Maker, The / Wijzer's name for The Outsider. / 115.5

Marl / Slave in Viron. / 100.2

Molpe / A major goddess, one of the Nine. / 139.-1, 228.2

Mura / Town on the Main contenent of Blue. / 115.1

Oosik / Generalissimo. / 303.-1

Passilk / The entity of Pas merged with Silk. / 369.-6

Prolocutor / Title of the leader of the Vironese faith. / 29.-3

Shrike / A butcher, husband of Scleroderma. Also an aquaintance of Marrow.
/ 39.-1

Smoothbone / Horn's father. Ink maker. / 79.2

Sphigx / A major goddess, one of the Nine. / 289.-3

Tail Bay / Natural bay on the SE end of Lizard Island. / 20.4

Teasel  / Young girl bitten by the Inhumu Quetzal. / 261.2

Tuz / Krait's victim. / 373.2

Vadsig / Co-publisher of the book, with Daisy, Hoof and Hide. /	129.-3

=Talon=

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com