Subject: (whorl) Re: Love thy Neighbour

From: charis wakelin <charis at wakelinc.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 17:56:30 +0000

I'm de-lurking to throw an idea into the pot. What if the love thy neighbour
angle means exactly that in OBW? The Neighbours went to Green and it was
then that the inhumi changed from being lizard like chameleon beings to
sentient ones. Also Krait talks about the history of the inhumi before he
dies. I think the Neighbours and the inhumi are intertwined somehow and the
Neighbour Horn met agreed that they would help protect humans from the
inhumi if Horn agreed on behalf of mankind to let the Neighbours come in
peace etc. I'm sure all this is there for a reason. What do you all think?
Another thing I noticed was that when Horn put the manacle on Jahlee she
started to return to her natural state, where the iron was touching her.
Could this be a way to send them back to the way the inhumi were?

Going back into lurk mode.

Charis

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com