Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v010.n078

From: David Langford <ansible at cix.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 10:08:00 +0000

Alga bloomed:

[quoting me]

> > When members of this very list posed a number of questions to Wolfe 
> > back in 1997, Q27 and Wolfe's answer went as follows:
> > 
> >  Is Pike's ghost really Quetzal?
> >  No.
> 
>  Oh, who cares what he says! I'm sticking to my guns.

Right on! What does he know? Besides, in an on-line chat elsewhere, Wolfe 
also remarked that Quetzal was not the only one of his kind on the Whorl. 
So maybe the answer would have been different if we'd put the question in 
the form, "Was 'Pike's ghost' a member of Quetzal's species?" Ah, the joys 
of hindsight.

Dave

David Langford
ansible at cix.co.uk | http://www.ansible.co.uk/

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com