Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v010.n122

From: David Duffy <davidd at qimr.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 09:17:43 +0000

mantis wrote:
>  
> In OBW, the Rajan goes over some of the same stuff we've gone over with
> regard to how Quetzal got onto the Whorl, that is, "in what year" and "by
> what method."
> 
> The Rajan ends by figuring that the Whorl must have been just hanging
> around in the system for 100 years (detail also matches Pas's planned
> timeframe, such as we know).  This means that the flight-time was only
> around 200 years.

The Rajan also mentions that the length of year varies across different
cities' calendars, making his (and mantis's) calculations slightly harder.

David Duffy.

"reserved when alive...delicious dead."

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com