Subject: (whorl) IGJ is where? (no spoilers)

From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph at earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 16:11:14 +0000

So far, aside from the few people with advance copies, nobody but me has
mentioned reading IGJ, or even seeing it.  I checked out a B&N
"superstore" yesterday, and they didn't have it.  But I didn't
hallucinate my copy, honest.  Nor is it marked as an advance copy or
anything like that; nor was it gotten out of a back room.  It was
sitting on a table along with other new sf books that indubitably have
been released.  Did I manage to stumble into the only store in the world
with a copy of IGJ?

Anyway, I do have a couple more non-spoiler comments on the book, but I
think I'll wait until I know it's really out there.

--Adam

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: Inire <inire at yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 22:49:32 +0000

> think I'll wait until I know it's really out there.

Amazon seems to have it. Geez, I have a lot of reading
to catch up on!!! ;-> I can't WAIT!

=====
Jeff "My dice hate me!" Miller      ICQ# 57242517

"The idea of verifying facts about the world through controlled repetition seems alien to just about everyone with the _possible_ exception of Fr Inire, and he's a bug-eyed space monster. . ."-Jim Henley, on the URTH list
 
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!        '82 GS650G 
Specify Type Of Goat

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail – Free email you can access from anywhere!
http://mail.yahoo.com/

---

From: William Ansley <wansley at warwick.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 23:03:02 +0000

>to catch up on!!! ;-> I can't WAIT!

I ordered my copy from Amazon.com on June 4 and just got an email 
that it is arriving tomorrow. What serendipity! I am on vacation 
right now.

I'll be able to read it and then finally be able to read Adam's first 
impressions posting.

Hope all you other Amazon customers get your copies very soon now.

At 5:58 PM -0400 7/17/00, Dan Parmenter wrote:
>Folks -
>
>In Boston/Cambridge (USA), IGJ can be purchased at Pandemonium Books
>in Harvard Square (located in The Garage, across from Newbury Comics).
>They have many copies.  Support your local independent bookstore!
>

I would love to support my local independent bookstore, but us 
country folk don't have the good pickins you city slickers do. <g>

-- 
William Ansley

---

From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph at earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:53:24 +0000

> I'll be able to read it and then finally be able to read Adam's first

Perhaps I should say that while I put a spoiler warning on my post to be
on the safe side, and while you shouldn't read it if you want to come to
IGJ absolutely fresh, I didn't discuss any crucial plot twists; in fact
I didn't discuss the plot in detail at all.  If you want to read a
review of IGJ, my post may serve in lieu of anything better.

--Adam