Subject: (whorl) "Tall! Tall!"

From: Nigel Price <nigelprice1 at compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:14:21 +0000

It arrived today. Hooray! Finally, I've got my own copy of IGJ. Thank you,
Amazon...

Given that, as well as apparently being half a dozen other people, Horn is
in some sense Odysseus, am I going to discover why it was/is/will be that
nobody recognised him when he finally returned home to Ithaca/Lizard? I
imagine that he didn't look himself any more.

I know that GW has said that TBotNS was in some ways influenced by
Pilgrim's Progress, but has anyone else noticed a vaguely Bunyaneque
flavour to the extremely odd (and not particularly attractive) cover
picture for IGJ?

(Reads) "I have paper again..."

Wonderful!

Nigel

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com