Subject: (whorl) Spoiled

From: Alice Turner <pei047 at attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:20:22 +0000

A favor, please? Or at least a suggestion. It's awfully annoying
scrolling through all that SPOILER SPACE stuff, plus it takes up space
in the archives, which can be hard to load as it is. Can we just be
grown-ups and assume that anyone reading the Whorl list right now has to
assume caveat lector (hmm, that's not quite right, is it, maybe postor
would be more like it?) .

-alga

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph at earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:40:51 +0000

> would be more like it?) .

I've been including the spoiler space because everybody else has and
nobody's objected till now, but I'm dubious of its utility.  It's
useless for those who get the digest, unless it's in the final message
of the digest; and on my email program at least, those who get
individual messages are safe as long as there's a spoiler warning in the
subject line.  Is there anyone out there who hasn't read IGJ and finds
the extra layer of protection given by the spoiler space vital?

--Adam