Subject: Re: (whorl) Impressions, riddles, etc. [SPOILERS]

From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph at earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 11:26:42 +0000

Alice Turner wrote:

> Asked Raymond:
> >
> > I have a quick question. Why did Silk agree to become a part of Pas?
> Is
> > there an explanation in the Long Sun books? Just wondering.
> 
> We have absolutely, positively no proof that he did. This was only a
> conjecture of the pre Horn/Pas Horn that it MIGHT have happened.

I can't find the spot now, but iirc somewhere in IGJ Horn says "Silk is
now an aspect of Pas," or words to that effect.  He doesn't say it as a
conjecture, but as something definite.

Even if it happened, though, Silk didn't necessarily agree to it.  His
personality could have been uploaded into Mainframe without his consent.

--Adam

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com