Subject: (whorl) The beauty part

From: akt <akt at attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 15:16:17 +0000

Wombat enquired:

> *Must we assume that, with a name like that, Endymion is a monster? 

Hell, no, though he might be asleep at the wheel!

-alga

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: Endymion9 <endymion9 at mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:02:42 +0000

>Hell, no, though he might be asleep at the wheel!

Actually, I'm just a person who throughly enjoys reading Gene Wolfe stories.
I often don't understand them.  I never understand them fully.  And I feel
fortunate to understand more of them by reading the opinions of the
*professional* Wolfe readers here <smile>.

...Ah, Artemis, Artemis wherefore art though Artemis?

Dennis/Endy
http://home.mindspring.com/~endymion9/index.htm