Subject: (whorl) Re: time frames

From: Ian Smith <iancsmith at 4unet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 17:25:54 +0000

Two things:

First, apologies, as was pointed out, there is no reference to Horn giving
out a physical description as part of his search for Silk in OBW (as far as
I can see).  Damn those chinese whispers.

Second, the 'IGJ is set a the same point in time as TBOTNS because the
citadel scene is the same night Sev meets Vodalus' poposition.  Aren't the
dream-transfers projections in time as well as space, on occasion?  This is
very tentative, because I can't be bothered to pick it all apart from the
text, but as I reckon it, the interval between Sinew defecting to the
villagers on Green and the Dream projection to Sinew's village is around two
and a half years.  If this is the case (and I'll sure you'll let me know in
no uncertain terms if it isn't) then surely the projection to the village on
Green must be into the future, otherwise how would it be possible for Sinew
to have a three year old son by Bala?

Ian

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com